Health Care Law
New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania Lawyers Assisting Clients in Health Care Law
Hardin, Kundla, McKeon & Poletto represents health care providers in many legal and business issues particular to their field. The firm’s health care attorneys have many years of experience and are a component of a firm of 50 attorneys. The firm’s clients come from throughout New Jersey and New York.
The firm has assisted hospitals, nursing homes, psychiatric facilities, and other health care institutions with their health care law matters. Representative clients include Christ Hospital and Childtime Children’s Centers. The health care attorneys are experienced with issues involving medical staff relations, by-laws and privilege issues, management structure, expansion and land use concerns, as well as the following:
- Appointment of special medical guardians and guardians of person, property, and conservatorship
- Biomedical and medical device litigation
- Constitutional defenses involving developmentally disabled clients, claims by patients, and patients convalescing
- Counsel administration on safe discharge procedures
- Drafting and reviewing hospital policy and procedures inclusive of consent forms and do-not-resuscitate orders
- General advice and counsel to hospital administrators and boards of trustees on all aspects of reimbursement systems, employee pension plans, Department of Health compliance, and JCAH matters
- HIPPA compliance and physician and nurse liability
- Hospital administration and malpractice
- Insurance, including coverage disputes involving primary and excess liability, first party property, and life, health, and accident insurance.
- Issues of the developmentally disabled, including the supervision of developmentally disabled clients and liability arising out of the operations of group homes and other developmentally disabled facilities
- Land use planning related to health care facility expansion
- Lease-purchase and licensure of long term care facilities
- Medical staff privilege and peer review issues
- Preparation of contracts between health care institutions and private pay medical insurers
- Preparation of contracts between health care institutions and professional associations or service and equipment vendors
- Structuring of for-profit subsidiaries
Hardin, Kundla, McKeon & Poletto is well-known for its extensive litigation experience. The firm has numerous trial lawyers who bring a wide range of experience and knowledge of health care and hospital issues with respect to claims and issues confronting health care organizations. The firm will assemble a team of health care attorneys to formulate resolution of the matter effectively. Contact partners Janet L. Poletto and John F. McKeon, who lead this practice area.